Development cooperation – the challenge you are looking for?
On behalf of Misereor, the Association for Development Cooperation (AGEH) is looking for a Consultant (m/f) for organisational development specialising in planning, monitoring and evaluation (PME) for its partner organisations in South Sudan. The place of residence and work is Nairobi, Kenya.
Consultant (m/f) for Organisational Development South Sudan # 3226
Your new role
As a development worker for organisational development, you will advise several of Misereor’s partner organisations in South Sudan in the areas of organisational development and administration. In close consultation with Misereor and the partner organisations, you will develop a cross-organisational annual plan, support the organisations in creating common standards for similar work units and processes, and assist in the implementation of this development.
• You will engage in a dialogue with the partner organisations and support these in particular in the area of organisational development and PME by visiting partners, providing consultations, arranging for consultations and proposing exchange visits and seminars.
• You will contribute to the promotion of an exchange between the partner organisations and with other relevant players.
• You will offer professional advice to project partners on all matters relating to the collaboration with Misereor/KZE (German Catholic Central Agency for Development Aid). You will take part in publications and lobbying work regarding development policy for South Sudan, and will accompany visitors when they travel to the partner organisations.
• You have completed a university degree, preferably in the social sciences or humanities.
• You have already gained experience in development cooperation, ideally in Africa.
• You have at least two years of professional experience in organisational development specialising in planning, monitoring and evaluation (PME)
• Ideally you already have knowledge and experience in the areas of peace-building and reconciliation work.
• You are diplomatic and have exceptional intercultural communication skills, to enable you to deal with the relevant players in a manner based on mutual partnership, and you can act appropriately in a church context.
• You are prepared to travel extensively under generally difficult conditions.
• You have a business-fluent command of written and spoken English, and your German skills are at least good.
• You are an EU or Swiss citizen and a member of a Christian church.
What AGEH offers
The Association for Development Cooperation (AGEH e.V.) is the personnel service of the German Catholics for Development Cooperation. For more than 50 years, we have been looking after professionals who wish to take the opportunity to work in a meaningful role in the service of local development agents.
AGEH will support you by providing:
- Individual and thorough preparation
- Three-year contract, social security and remuneration in accordance with the German Development Aid Workers Act (Entwicklungshelfergesetz)
- Cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching and supervision, individual adivce
The location Nairobi has good infrastructure with good medical care. It is suitable for families with children and offers a German school and other international schools.
We look forward to receiving your detailed application. Please send this to us at email@example.com stating the reference number 3226 by 30/09/2017
Your contact person:
Telephone: +49 (0)221 8896 -271