to develop the training centre St. Francois d‘ Assise in Tabarre, Haiti, to start as soon as possible.
The centre offers dual training courses in nursing, telecommunications, plumbing, electrical engineering and car mechanics. 500 adults aged between 20 and 35 currently attend the centre. A new solar engineering training programme is currently being set up – solar technology represents a sustainable solution for economic growth in Haiti. The foundations have been laid since 2014, with support from a German solar engineering teacher.
The project is funded and actively supported by the international development agency nph (nuestros pequeños hermanos) Deutschland e.V. and Biohaus-Stiftung für Umwelt und Gerechtigkeit (Biohaus Foundation for the Environment and Justice). nph is committed to helping children in need in Latin America; the Biohaus Foundation boasts many years of experience in solar technology and brings contacts and experience to the Training.
You can find a video about the project here
You will continue the previous work of the German specialist in setting up the “Solar Engineering” training programme with a curriculum that meets the recognised professional and teaching standards, based on both the German dual training system and the needs of the developing Haitian market.
• You will train Haitian electrical engineering teachers to become qualified solar engineering trainers, and provide them with continued training.
• You will continue the development of the training and testing curriculum for solar engineers, in collaboration with other Haitian vocational training establishments and government supervisory authorities.
• You will establish contact with potential partners and customers and engage in professional dialogue with local and international partners.
• You are a teacher at a vocational school, solar engineer, electrical engineer or industrial engineer, or have completed comparable training.
• You have at least two years of professional experience in the field of solar engineering and have already trained other specialists, ideally outside of Europe.
• You have good communication skills in French, verbally and in writing.
• You are an EU or Swiss citizen with a Christian orientation or tolerance for Christian beliefs.
All facilities of the local project sponsor in Tabarre have professional security staff. The living and working conditions are relatively good compared to the standards in the country. The medical facilities of nph are also located near your place of residence. Your assignment is scheduled for two years.
What AGEH offers
The Association for Development Cooperation (AGEH e.V.) is the personnel service of the German Catholics for Development Cooperation. For more than 50 years, we have been looking after professionals who wish to take the opportunity to work in a meaningful role in the service of local development agents. AGEH will support you by providing.
- Individual and thorough preparation
- Two-year contract, social security and remuneration in accordance with the German Development Aid Workers Act (Entwicklungshelfergesetz)
- Individual advice, support and training before, during and after your service
- Cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching and supervision
We look forward to receiving your detailed application at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your contact person:
Telephone: +49 (0)221 8896 -271